Thursday 4 September 2014

Is this Britain's angriest motorist? Jaguar driver fined after being caught on camera swearing at cyclist 25 times in 35 seconds

Driver Mark Baldwin hurled  tirade of abuse at 30-year-old cyclist Eddie Bell
He hit out after stopping his £45,000 Jaguar in cycling-only lane in Sussex
Mr Bell pointed out he was in area for bikes but was met with flurry of abuse
Baldwin, 60, said f*** ten times, w***** eight times, c*** seven and s**** once
Fined more than £500 after admitting using threatening or abusive behaviour

This is the moment a Jaguar driver dubbed 'Britain's angriest motorist' was caught on camera swearing at a cyclist 25 times in just 35 seconds.
Mark Baldwin, 60, launched the foul-mouthed tirade against cyclist Eddie Bell, 38, who captured the jaw-dropping footage on his helmet cam.
Mr Bell, a father-of-four, was out cycling on a country road in Pevensey, East Sussex, when Baldwin stopped his £45,000 Jaguar XF in a junction box designed for cyclists only.

Scroll down for video

Mark Baldwin, 60, (pictured) launched the foul-mouthed tirade against cyclist Eddie Bell, 38, on a road in Pevensey, East Sussex in March last year. The jaw-dropping footage was captured on Mr Bell's helmet cam

Mr Bell politely told him to move but the driver got out of his car and began an abusive rant - threatening to give him a 'f****** decking'.
The shocking incident, which occurred last March, saw Baldwin verbally abuse Mr Bell more than two dozen times during the one minute video – and use the word f*** at least ten times, c*** seven times, w***** eight times and s*** once.
The video also captures Baldwin hitting the unsuspecting cyclist on the head during the attack.
Mr Bell said: 'I threw my arms up in exasperation at having to share the cycle-only box with a car. The driver wound down his window and started swearing at me.
'When the lights changed, he turned left and I carried on straight. A few minutes later he sped past me.
'About three miles up the street, I could see he had pulled in and was walking towards me.


 
Baldwin, who lives in a million-pound property in Longfield, Kent, pleaded guilty to using threatening or abusive words or behaviour with intent to cause the victim to think violence would be used against him.
The assault charge was dropped, but during his appearance at Hastings Magistrates' Court, Baldwin was fined £505, and ordered to pay £135 costs and victim surcharge.
Mr Bell had only just got back on his bike when the incident occurred, having suffered a shattered pelvis and two broken hips in a horror crash in 2012.
He said: 'I'd never get into an altercation with a motorist, especially because I was so badly injured the last time I was knocked off my bike.'
'Hopefully he will think twice about his actions in the future.'

IN FULL: MARK BALDWIN'S 35-SECOND FOUL-MOUTHED ABUSIVE TIRADE
During the video, Baldwin yelled at Mr Bell: 'Get off, I'll show you who's a f****** w*****. I can't deal with that s***.
'You call me a w*****? You call me a f****** w*****? Am I a w***** or not? Am I w*****? Then why did you give it all that you c***.
'I said did you get in the box didn't I? Don't f****** give me all that you c***. Watch yourself you c***.
'Don't f****** get clever, I'll give you a f****** decking. Don't f****** tell me to calm down, you started it you c***. Now f*** off.
'Think yourself f****** lucky.'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment